Before Your Breast Prosthesis Fitting
Print this information for a handy reference as you prepare for your breast prosthesis fitting appointment.
What to know before your appointment:
- If you are filing a claim with your insurance, a prescription or referral is typically required.
- Check with your insurance carrier to determine your eligibility for benefits.
- Scheduled appointments with a Certified Prosthesis Fitter are preferred.
- Because of the nature of the appointment, it is best to allocate one hour for your experience.
- For tax purposes, paperwork is required on all transactions that are for a medical necessity.
What to bring to your appointment:
- Credit card for payment.
- Insurance card/Medicare card.
- Valid driver's license.
- Customers are welcome to bring a companion.
About insurance and Medicare eligibility:
For your convenience, we offer assistance with Medicare claim filing, and we are a participating provider for selected insurance companies.
We contract with major insurance carriers, including:
- Kaiser Permanente*
- Blue Cross Blue Shield*
- Premera Blue Cross*
- Group Health*
Protecting customer information is a priority for Nordstrom. We understand that your trust is our most important asset. The Nordstrom Breast Prosthesis Program is committed to the protection and proper use of your personal health information.
For billing questions, please contact us at 1.800.804.1502.
Getting started and what to expect:
- View a full list of the insurance carriers working with the Nordstrom Breast Prosthesis Program.
- Learn more about Nordstrom's Breast Prosthesis Program.
- Find information about Amoena's prosthesis bra and form fittings.
- Read customer testimonials for prosthetic fittings.
- Find a store near you to schedule an appointment.
- Shop prosthesis bras and camisoles online.
*In selected states