FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- • Does my business qualify for the program?
- • How do I sign up?
- • How can I become certified?
- • My business qualifies for the program. What should I do first?
- • I've registered by submitting my Supplier Diversity Profile, but I haven't been contacted. Did you receive my profile submission?
- • What type of merchandise is Nordstrom interested in buying?
- • My business is not in the fashion industry—can I still participate in the program?
- • I am a construction vendor interested in getting involved in the program. How do I get started?
- • What are my chances of being selected as a vendor?
- • I have more questions. Who can I talk to?
Does my business qualify for the program?
To participate in our Supplier Diversity Program, your company must be at least 51 percent owned, controlled and operated by U.S. citizens belonging to one or more of the following groups:
- ○ Ethnic Minority (African-American, Asian, Hispanic, Native American)
- ○ Women
- ○ Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and/or Transgender
- ○ Persons with Disabilities
- ○ Veterans
How do I sign up?
To register in our system, please submit a supplier diversity profile.
How can I become certified?
You can contact the following national certifying agencies, their regional affiliates or the appropriate state or local government entities for certification:
- ○ National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- ○ Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- ○ National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
- ○ U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Verification Program (VA)
- ○ US Business Leadership Network (USBLN)
My business qualifies for the program. What should I do first?
Please take a few minutes to register on our site by submitting your supplier diversity profile. We will review all submissions and identify companies that have the potential to do business with Nordstrom.
I've registered by submitting my supplier diversity profile, but I haven't been contacted. Did you receive my profile submission?
Once you have submitted your profile, you will get an e-mail confirming that we received your profile submission. If your merchandise, professional service or non-resale offering and company capabilities align with our needs, your business will be added to our supplier database. We will contact you directly to request additional information as relevant opportunities arise. Please note that submitting a supplier diversity profile does not guarantee a meeting or an offer of business.
What type of merchandise is Nordstrom interested in buying?
Our primary goal when it comes to merchandise is to provide the latest fashions and uphold our commitment to quality, selection and value for our customers. We encourage you to visit one of our stores or our online site, Nordstrom.com, to better understand our business and our merchandise mix.
My business is not in the fashion industry—can I still participate in the program?
Absolutely. We recruit vendors from a wide range of businesses, including merchandise, construction, supplies and services.
I am a construction vendor interested in getting involved in the program. How do I get started?
For more information on our current construction opportunities, please contact our Supplier Diversity Program at email@example.com.
What are my chances of being selected as a vendor?
We are committed to incorporating diverse businesses in our purchasing process across our business. Your chance of being selected as a vendor depends on your company's offerings and how it aligns with our business needs and opportunities.
I have more questions. Who can I talk to?
For more information about the Nordstrom Supplier Diversity Program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.