Terms & Conditions for Sharing Content
Please review these Terms and Conditions often, as we reserve the right to change them at any time without notice. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING DISCLAIMERS AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE SHARING OR POSTING CONTENT ON NORDSTROM'S WEBSITES (COLLECTIVELY THE "SITE") OR ANY OF NORDSTROM'S SOCIAL MEDIA ASSETS. BY ACCESSING OR SUBMITTING CONTENT TO THE SITE OR ANY OF NORDSTROM'S SOCIAL MEDIA ASSETS, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. These Terms and Conditions are applicable to all Nordstrom websites, whether a sponsored site, managed through a third party vendor or hosted by a third party, including any Nordstrom Social Media Asset.
User Profile Information
You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Site and for any activities or actions under your password. We encourage you to use "strong" passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) with your account. Nordstrom cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements. If you believe your password has been compromised or someone has improperly accessed your account, please visit our Password Reminder page.
Nordstrom will never knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under 13 years of age without prior verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that an individual is under the age of 13 and has submitted any information to Nordstrom for any purpose without prior verifiable parental consent, we will delete his or her information from our files.
By using the Site, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) you are 13 years of age or older; and (d) your use of the Site does not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your profile may be deleted and your account may be terminated without warning if we believe that you are under 13 years of age, if we believe that you are under 18 years of age and you represent yourself as 18 or older, or if we believe you are over 18 and represent yourself as under 18.
Term and Termination
The Terms of this agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Site. You may delete your user information at any time, for any reason by going into My Account and deleting the information on file. Deletion of your user information will not delete any previously posted or shared content. Nordstrom may delete or block your account and/or user profile at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice or explanation, and without liability.
Use of Site
You agree not to disrupt, overwhelm, attack, modify or interfere with the Site or its associated software, hardware and/or servers in any way, and you agree not to impede or interfere with others' use of the Site. You further agree not to alter or tamper with any information or materials on or associated with the Site. Other than connecting to Nordstrom's servers by http requests using a Web browser, you may not attempt to gain access to Nordstrom's servers by any means.
Users may post reviews, comments, photos, videos and other content; and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, as appropriate for the intended purposes of the various aspects of the Site. Nordstrom reserves the right, but not the obligation, to remove or edit such content without prior notice.
By posting or submitting content, you warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your submission including, but not limited to, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input or submit the content. To the extent that the content submitted contains images, photographs, or pictures ("Images"), you warrant and represent that (a) you are the copyright owner of such images, or the copyright owner of such Images has granted you permission to use the Images; (b) you have the rights necessary to grant the licenses and sub-licenses described in these Terms and Conditions; (c) that each person depicted in such Images, if any, has provided consent to the use of the Images.
Nothing herein shall be deemed to create an agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchise-franchisee relationship of any kind between Nordstrom and you or any other person or entity.
Without limiting the description above, by using this Site you agree not to:
- Abuse, harass, defame, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other users;
- Post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any content that is infringing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive, profane, or otherwise violates any law or right of any third party;
- Use the Site for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, including violating any local, state, national or international laws (including but not limited to infringing any trademark, trade secret, copyright, patent or other proprietary rights of any party);
- Post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or any other personally identifiable or private information from any user;
- Create, submit, upload, post or otherwise make available any unwanted or unsolicited e-mail ("Spam") to any users including advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation;
- Frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Nordstrom without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing Nordstrom's name or trademarks;
- Submit stories or comments linking to multi-level marketing schemes, pyramid schemes or off-topic content;
- Use any robots, spiders, scrapers or any other automated means to access the Site for any purpose. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (i) take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (ii) upload viruses or other malicious code; or (iii) bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site;
- Advertise to, or solicit, any user to buy or sell any products or services. It is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the Site in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any user without their prior explicit consent.
Your use of the Site is at your sole risk. The Site is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without any warranties of any kind, express or implied, and Nordstrom assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings. Nordstrom makes no warranty that (a) any user access will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free; (b) the quality of any content, products, services, information or other material obtained by any user will meet his or her expectations; (c) any errors in the software will be corrected; and (d) that any content upload to the site is protected or secure.
If you believe that someone is violating these community standards, use the Report Abuse button on either the community or profile page. If you click Report Abuse, we'll review your report and take action is appropriate. No all reports result in removal. All reports will be kept confidential.
Links to Third Party Sites
The Site may contain links to third-party websites or resources, including Nordstrom's Social Media Assets, which are not owned, operated or controlled by Nordstrom or its affiliates. If you use these links, you will leave the Site. You acknowledge and agree Nordstrom, its affiliates or service providers, are not responsible or liable for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or (ii) the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources. Links to websites or resources do not imply any endorsements of such websites or resources or their content, products, or services. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources.
Sole Discretion to Edit or Screen Content
Nordstrom does not and cannot review and/or screen all communications or materials posted to or created by users accessing the Site and is not in any manner responsible for the content of these communications or materials. You acknowledge that by providing you with the ability to view and distribute user-generated content on the Site, Nordstrom is merely acting as a passive conduit for such distribution and is not undertaking any obligation or liability relating to any contents or activities on the Site. However, Nordstrom reserves the right to block or remove any communications or materials that it determines to be (a) abusive, defamatory, or obscene, (b) fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading, (c) in violation of a copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right of another, or (d) violates any law, regulation or Terms of this Site, or (e) offensive or otherwise unacceptable to Nordstrom in its sole discretion. Nordstrom reserves the right, but undertakes no duty, to review, edit, move or delete any communication or material provided for display or placed on the Site, in its sole discretion, without notice. If at any time Nordstrom chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the Site, Nordstrom nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the user submitting any such content.
Content Posted by Users
The Site contains content of users and other Nordstrom licensors. Except as provided within these Terms, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any content appearing on or through the Site.
Nordstrom does not endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify, or agree with the comments, opinions, or statements posted on forums, blogs or otherwise contained in the Site and expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with user content submissions.
You agree that Nordstrom and its third party service providers are not responsible, and shall have no liability to you, with respect to any information, communication or materials posted by others, including defamatory, offensive or illicit material, including material that violates these Terms. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Site is done at your own discretion and risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or other device or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
Content Posted to Nordstrom's Social Media Assets
Nordstrom uses a variety of third-party social media websites, communication services and media channels such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (collectively, "Social Media Assets") to communicate and interact with our customers. By posting or submitting content to these Social Media Assets, you represent and warrant that you have the lawful right to transmit, distribute and reproduce such content. To the extent submitted content contains images, you represent and warrant that: (a) you are the copyright owner or have obtained the copyright owner's permission to use such images; (b) you hold the rights necessary to grant the licenses and sub-licenses described in these Terms and Conditions; (c) you have obtained the consent of each person, if any, depicted in such images.
By posting, displaying, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting content to the Site or Social Media Assets, you grant Nordstrom a perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable license to use worldwide, royalty-free, to copy, distribute, reproduce, use, modify, adapt, publish, translate, transmit, disclose, publicly perform, and publicly display the user content (in whole or in part) and to incorporate such user content into other works in any format or medium now known or later developed for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Nordstrom, its parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers (collectively the "Indemnified Parties") from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of these Terms and Conditions or any activity related to your account (including negligent or wrongful conduct), by you or any other person accessing the Site by using your account.
Nordstrom may at its discretion suspend or terminate the access of and take other action against users, subscribers, registrants and account holders who infringe the copyright rights of others.
If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify Nordstrom by providing the following information (as required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millenium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.S. § 512) to Ocilla@nordstrom.com. Inquiries not compliant with the procedure outlined may not receive a response.
- A physical or electronic signature of person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrights works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Nordstrom to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Nordstrom to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Nordstrom may, in appropriate circumstances, delete or block an account holder or subscriber to a Nordstrom website if he or she is a repeat infringer. If you believe that an account holder or subscriber is a repeat infringer, please follow the instructions above to contact Nordstrom's DMCA agent and provide information sufficient for us to verify that the account holder or subscriber is a repeat infringer.
In the event of any problem with the Site or any content, you agree that your sole remedy is to cease using the Site. Please report any violations of the Terms and Conditions (except for claims of copyright infringement, see above for instructions on these) to 1.888.282.6060. If you do not understand any of the foregoing Terms and Conditions, please contact Customer Service at 1.888.282.6060.