SK-II 'Skin Signature' 3D Redefining Mask
Volumizing to the max
I love this mask. Since they are so expensive I have found a way to get three uses out of one mask. After opening the top (with SK II lettering) mask, scissor the package with your fingers as you pull it out. This will keep the excess serum in the package. Ditto for the bottom part of the mask. Lay down to allow it to really absorb for at least 20 minutes. Fold the mask back up and put it in the proper part of the package and seal with a paper clip and baggie. It can then be used again and a third time if you are very careful. Store in the refrigerator until time to use again. My skin is much plumper after only five uses and even the lines around my mouth are less noticable. I have sensitive skin and have had great results. I suggest using at night as the skin is very shiny after use...too much so for use in the morning.
I have acne prone skin, so much so that I'm currently taking accutane for it. This mask is gentle enough to use on my brittle dried out skin. It's amazingly healing and helps reduce redness and inflammation.
The directions on how exactly to use this mask are vague at best, so here's what I've gleamed and implemented from other reviews and websites:
1. Clean skin. Apply top and bottom of mask.
2. Squeeze remaining package liquid into small container to save for later. I use it as a moisturizer. It's super lightweight and can be used in combination (under) a heavier moisturizer. This helps me justify the cost of each mask.
3. Lay down. The mask tends to absorb better when laying flat on the face. Gravity helps pull the liquid into the skin. This may sound odd, but I found that while sitting up straight to watch tv, the mask didn't absorb as well.
4. Once done (I leave mine on for an hour or so) do not wash off, pat/press gently on face to help face absorb remaining surface liquid.
5. Reap the benefits. Sleep. I use mine at night so it all has a chance to really work without makeup being piled on top.