Breast Prosthesis Program
Attention, Nordstrom Customers
To do our part in slowing the spread of COVID-19, many of our stores are temporarily closed and in-store services are suspended.
We take our responsibility to keep our employees, customers and communities healthy very seriously.
The Breast Prosthesis Program provides the following items and services, which are available in our comfortable, private Lingerie departments (selection may vary by store):
• Breast forms for mastectomies, lumpectomies and reconstructive breast surgery
• Post-mastectomy camisoles and bras
• Free pocketing on any bras purchased from Nordstrom
Nordstrom currently does not accept insurance for items purchased online. Please contact your insurance provider for coverage and filing information.
What to Know Before Your Appointment
- If you are filing a claim with your insurance, a prescription or referral is typically required
- Check with your insurance carrier to determine your eligibility for benefits
- Appointments typically take one hour
- For tax purposes, paperwork is required on all transactions that are for a medical necessity
We are a participating provider for selected insurance companies eligible in selected states. We contract with major insurance carriers, including:
Blue Cross Blue Shield*
Premera Blue Cross*
*In selected states. See full list for details.
View a full list of the insurance carriers working with the Nordstrom Breast Prosthesis Program.
Protecting customer information is a priority for Nordstrom. We understand that your trust is our most important asset. The Nordstrom Breast Prosthesis Program is committed to the protection and proper use of your personal health information.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
• Credit card for payment
• Insurance card/Medicare card
• Valid driver's license
You're welcome to bring a companion.
For your convenience, we offer assistance with Medicare claim filing. We do not accept assignment with Medicare. However, we can file with Medicare on the customer's behalf.
Nordstrom DME Return Policy
Due to the complexities of insurance claim processing, returns and exchanges on any DME (Durable Medical Equipment) utilizing insurance are no longer permitted. All DME mastectomy sales and transactions for bras (L8000), breast prosthesis (L8030), camisoles (L8015) and swim forms (L8020) are final at the time of purchase.
Questions? Contact the Prosthesis Hotline at 1.800.804.1502.