Nordstrom Direct Drop Ship Program
What Is Drop Ship?
It's how we work with our suppliers to seamlessly send items ordered on our website or in our stores directly to our customers. Through collaborative relationships with suppliers like you, we give customers a wider selection with better value–including additional styles, sizes and colors.
- Offering wider breadth and depth increases brand visibility, awareness and sales revenue.
- Drop ship drives incremental sales growth by providing an avenue to improve turn and drive additional sales in warehouse items.
- Drop ship provides an additional avenue for clearing end-of-season goods.
- Adding drop ship doesn't mean Nordstrom will cut total receipts. We usually buy more over the course of a year from our drop ship suppliers.
- Startup investment is minimal relative to the vast amount of sales opportunities.
- Nordstrom pays all shipping fees, so the supplier only has to pick and pack.
- There are no late order or cancellation chargebacks. We want to work with you to increase performance, not penalize.
What Is Dsco?
Nordstrom has optimized the drop ship program by partnering with Dsco to offer an integration platform, simplifying and standardizing the way suppliers connect and exchange drop ship data.
- No setup, data or transaction fees.
- Flexibility to connect any way that makes sense for your organization.
- Reduction of oversell with automated inventory decrementing.
- Transparency into performance of inventory and orders.
- Expanded assortment of brands and styles.
- Wider selection of color options and sizes not offered in our stores.
- Earlier access to new styles throughout the season as trends change.
Drop Ship Success
Many suppliers say that becoming a Nordstrom drop ship partner has had a positive impact on their overall sales revenue.