At Nordstrom, bringing innovative products with smaller environmental footprints and positive social impact to our customers is important to us.
Our customers have told us they're looking for consciously manufactured products that align with their values, and we're working closely with our brand partners to make these items easier to find.
Our new online collection, Sustainable Style, is a resource for discovering products that are made from sustainably sourced materials, manufactured in factories that meet higher social or environmental standards, or that give back.
How Sustainable Style Works
Every product in the Sustainable Style category must meet one or more of the below standards, and we rely on our brand partners to provide information about these products to us. We are actively evolving, improving and adding to these standards to ensure we're helping customers find responsibly made products they can feel good about.
Sustainably Sourced Materials
Each product must consist of at least 50% sustainable materials.
- Better Cotton Initiative™ (BCI) cotton
- bluesign® certified material
- Fair Trade Certified™ cotton
- Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC) certified
- Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS)
- Global Recycled Standard
- Global Traceable Down Standard (Global TDS)
- Organic Content Standard (OCS) cotton
- Organic linen
- Recycled cashmere
- Recycled cotton
- Recycled nylon
- Recycled polyester (rPET)
- Recycled wool
- Responsible Down Standard certified
- Responsible Wool Standard
- Sustainable viscose
- Tencel® lyocell
Each product must be made in a facility that meets high environmental or social standards.
- bluesign® certified product
- Cradle to Cradle Certified™ (C2C)
- Leather Working Group (LWG)
- OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 Certified
- Produced in Fair Trade Certified™ factories
- Produced in factories implementing BSR HERproject™ worker empowerment programs
- Produced in factories implementing other publicly stated worker empowerment programs
Each product gives back with every purchase.
Giving back includes:
- The brand is a member of 1% for the Planet®
- The brand gives a percentage or a dollar amount of each purchase to charity
- The brand gives one for one to charity