The Ultimate Tie Guide for Men
How long should your tie be? How wide? Where do you clip the tie bar? All these questions and more are answered here.
How to Wash a Tie
1. When storing your tie, gently untie the knot and hang it on a rack or hanger. (Except knit ties, which should be neatly rolled up.)
2. When traveling, neatly roll your ties. Once you arrive at your destination, hang them in the bathroom while you shower. The steam will remove most minor wrinkles.
3. Use a steamer to remove wrinkles from your tie. If you don't have a steamer:
• Heat an iron to the lowest setting.
• Put a dry towel under your tie.
• Put a damp towel over it.
• Gently iron over the damp towel until your tie is wrinkle free.